GCS offers programs for students with multiple interests!
The Athletic Life
The life of an athlete is no joke. With homework, projects, tests and quizzes, today's athletes feel the pressures of performing at their best at all times. At Gilead Christian, our athletes know to honor God in all they do, especially in the classroom. They are role models on and off the court. Athletes know their talent comes from Jesus so prayer is an important habit to do before each match/game.
In order for students to be eligible for extra-curricular activities they must meet the following requirements:
- At least an overall “C” average and no “F’s” in any class (on quarterly report cards and/or midterms). If a student loses academic eligibility, the student will be ineligible until the start of the fifth school day of the next grading period.
- The student cannot be a discipline problem in class or at school-related activities.
Gilead Christian is a member of the Independent Christian Schools of Ohio Athletic Conference (ICSO).
Fine Arts Department
Gilead Christian School Fine Arts Department offers students a wide range to display their talent. Whether your student is involved in Band, Choir or has the artistic flair, GCS has a special spot for you.
Scenes from Winnie the Pooh
Elementary Level Offerings:
- Art - Students participate in Art once a week
- Band - Students may start band in the 5th grade
- K-6 Music class twice a week, Christmas Concert, Spring Concert
JH & HS Level Offerings:
- Art Contests, ACSI Art Festival, Spring Arts Festival
- Band - Elective band class available, Christmas Concert, ACSI Music Festival, Spring Concert
- Praise Team for Chapel once a week
- Drama - One to two plays per year
GCS Fine Arts Productions
- Alice in Wonderland
- Anne of Green Gables
- Beauty and the Beast (musical)
- Cinderella Jr (musical)
- Fiddler on the Roof Jr. (musical)
- Friends are Friends Forever (musical)
- Headin’ for the Hills
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat (musical)
- Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook
- Love in Revue
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- The Music Man Jr. (musical)
- New Clothes for the Emperor
- Pride and Prejudice
- The Princess Who Had No Name
- The Secret Garden (musical)
- The Sound of Music (musical)
- The Stone in the Road
- Winnie the Pooh
- With Fear and Trembling