The EdChoice Scholarship provides students from under-performing public schools the opportunity to attend Gilead Christian School. Do I reside in a qualifying district?
The scholarship program also provides low income students who are entering kindergarten through 12th grade the same opportunity.
EdChoice Scholarships cover 100% of tuition. If you qualify and are awarded a scholarship, the EdChoice Scholarship may follow your child through 12th grade, providing free or discounted tuition through graduation. Please contact us should you have any questions.
- EdChoice Traditional Scholarship Program is based on a student’s residence and offers students in grades K – 12 a tuition scholarship to use toward tuition at a private school. Students whose public school of residence is on the EdChoice Scholarship Program's 2020-2021 Designated Public Schools* may qualify for this scholarship and family income is not a factor.
- EdChoice Expansion Program is an income-based program. It offers private school scholarships to students whose families have a household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The public school building to which the student is assigned is not a factor; this is based solely on income. Students who receive the EdChoice Expansion Scholarship will not be charged tuition beyond the scholarship amount but are responsible for any school fees and additional non-tuition costs.
- Incoming kindergarteners who are assigned to a public school on the EdChoice Scholarship Program's 2020-2021 Designated Public Schools list
- Students currently attending a public school, whose 2020-2021 assigned public school building is on the EdChoice Scholarship Program's 2020-2021 Designated Public Schools list
- Students currently receiving the EdChoice Scholarship at another private school
- Grades K-12 public, private (including GCS), or homeschooled students whose families have a household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) is a great resource for questions and contains a full list of requirements and up-to-date information regarding EdChoice eligibility.
To apply for scholarship, parents/guardians will complete an application, provide a copy of the student's birth certificate & provide proof of address. For the income-based scholarship, they will send proof of income directly to the Ohio Department of Education Scholarship Program Office.
Scholarship are renewable if...
- Students take all required assessments for their grade level;
- They do not have more than 20 unexcused absences for the school year; and
- They do not move out of the school district in which they became eligible.
- The maximum annual amount is currently $4,650 for grades K-8 and $6,000 for grades 9-12.
- The EdChoice scholarship is applicable to tuition only at a qualifying private school.
- Families may be responsible for any remaining tuition, all school fees, and additional non-tuition costs.
- Families will not be charged tuition beyond the EdChoice scholarship amount.
- Families are responsible for all school fees and additional non-tuition costs.
- Gilead Christian controls the admission decision. Students must be admitted to Gilead Christian prior to applying for the EdChoice Scholarship.
- The State of Ohio, in partnership with the student’s assigned public school district, makes the EdChoice scholarship decision
Need more information?