The EdChoice Scholarship provides students from under-performing public schools the opportunity to attend Gilead Christian School. Do I reside in a qualifying district?
The scholarship program also provides low income students who are entering kindergarten through 12th grade the same opportunity.
EdChoice Scholarships may cover 100% of tuition. If you qualify and are awarded a scholarship, the EdChoice Scholarship may follow your child through 12th grade, providing free or discounted tuition through graduation. Please contact us should you have any questions.
- EdChoice Traditional Scholarship Program is based on a student’s residence and offers students in grades K – 12 a tuition scholarship to use toward tuition at a private school. Students whose public school of residence is on the EdChoice Scholarship Program's 2021-2022 Designated Public Schools* may qualify for this scholarship and family income is not a factor. Families are responsible for any non-tuition school fees.
- EdChoice Expansion Program is an income-based program. It offers private school scholarships to students whose families have a household income at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The public school building to which the student is assigned is not a factor; this is based solely on income. Families are responsible for any non-tuition school fees.
- Incoming kindergarteners who are assigned to a public school on the EdChoice Scholarship Program's 2021-2022 Designated Public Schools list
- Students currently attending a public school, whose 2021-2022 assigned public school building is on the EdChoice Scholarship Program's 2021-2022 Designated Public Schools list
- Students currently receiving the EdChoice Scholarship at another private school
- Grades K-12 public, private (including GCS), or homeschooled students whose families have a household income at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) is a great resource for questions and contains a full list of requirements and up-to-date information regarding EdChoice eligibility.
To apply for scholarship, parents/guardians will complete an application, provide a copy of the student's birth certificate & provide proof of address. For the income-based scholarship, they will send proof of income directly to the Ohio Department of Education Scholarship Program Office.
Scholarship are renewable if...
- Students take all required assessments for their grade level;
- They do not have more than 20 unexcused absences for the school year; and
- They do not move out of the school district in which they became eligible.
- The maximum annual amount is currently $4,650 for grades K-8 and $6,000 for grades 9-12.
- The EdChoice scholarship is applicable to tuition only at a qualifying private school.
- Families may be responsible for any remaining tuition, all school fees, and additional non-tuition costs.
- Gilead Christian controls the admission decision. Students must be admitted to Gilead Christian prior to applying for the EdChoice Scholarship.
- The State of Ohio, in partnership with the student’s assigned public school district, makes the EdChoice scholarship decision
Need more information?