We are hiring!
- Positions Available for the 2019-2020 School Year
We are looking for individuals for the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year:
- High School Math
- High School Science
- Elementary Teacher
- Student Aides
- Janitorial positions
- Substitute Teacher
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent verbal and written expression
Minimum one (1) year classroom management experience
Minimum one (1) year experience working with youth
To apply:If you would like to apply for a teaching position, please mail or email a completed Certified Employee Application along with your current resume.
If you would like to apply for our Substitute Teacher or staff position, please mail or email a completed Non-Certified Employee Application along with your current resume.
Gilead Christian School
Attn: Human Resources
4863 US Highway 42
Mt. Gilead, OH 43338
For questions or for more information, please call 419.947.5739
Gilead Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color or ethnic origin in the hiring of its certified or non-certified personnel.
Personal Qualifications for Employment
- All employees at the GCS shall be born again Christians.
- All employees shall be active in an evangelical church.
- All employees shall be in agreement with the stated purposes of the school as outlined in the Philosophy of Education.
- All employees shall give evidence of good moral character.
- All employees shall give evidence of adequate physical and mental condition. The School Board will require a physical examination, TB test, and fingerprinting. Fingerprinting is used for background checks for all school employees. GCS will pay for the initial BCI. Additional processing fees will not be reimbursed.
- The GCS Board of Education officially employs all personnel for GCS.
- Applicants shall secure and complete an Application for Employment, which is available at the school’s office.
- The Administrator/Principal or Department Head shall initially interview all prospective employees. The Administrator/Principal shall nominate for consideration to the Personnel Committee those applicants that he feels, after careful evaluation, will best fill the various classified positions.
- In all cases the Board of Education makes the decision as to employing. All employees shall be classified as probationary for the first 90 days of continuous service. An employee evaluation form will be completed at the end of this time.