About Gilead Christian School
Gilead Christian School was founded by the late Reverend Charles Robinson, the pastor of Gilead Friends Church. It was his vision to see a Christian School in Morrow County and through prayers and the church's dedication, Gilead Christian School opened its doors in 1980 beginning with the preschool located at the church.
In 1983, the elementary building was purchased and renovated where it is currently located at 220 South Main Street, Mt. Gilead. The Lord spoke to Reverend Charles Robinson again about the expansion of the east wing at Gilead Friends Church. The vision of the junior high and high school program was developed and was later moved to its current location at the church, 4863 US Hwy 42, Mt. Gilead, Ohio.
ACCREDITATION AND AFFILIATIONS:
Gilead Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and is recognized by the The Ohio Department of Education as a chartered K-12 school. Gilead Christian is a member of the Ohio Christian School Athletic Association and will be a part of the Ohio Independent League starting in the 2019-2020 school year. Gilead Christian School serves over 47 churches and 18 different denominations.
Gilead Christian School partners with families and churches to be and make active disciples of Jesus Christ by training hearts, growing minds and inspiring lives.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His bodily Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28–29.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe that God wonderfully creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27) We believe gender identity is determined by biological sex and not by one’s self-perception. (Ephesians 4:17–18.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one natural-born man and one natural- born woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (I Cor. 6:18, 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a natural-born man and a natural-born woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; I Cor. 6:9-10).
- We believethat God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; I Cor. 6:9-11).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Gilead Friends Church/Gilead Christian School.
- We believe that all human life is a gift from God and is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage of condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps. 139).