About Gilead Christian School
Gilead Christian School was founded by the late Reverend Charles Robinson, the pastor of Gilead Friends Church. It was his vision to see a Christian School in Morrow County and through prayers and the church's dedication, Gilead Christian School opened its doors in 1980 beginning with the preschool located at the church.
In 1983, the elementary building was purchased and renovated where it is currently located at 220 South Main Street, Mt. Gilead. The Lord spoke to Reverend Charles Robinson again about the expansion of the east wing at Gilead Friends Church. The vision of the junior high and high school program was developed and was later moved to its current location at the church, 4863 US Hwy 42, Mt. Gilead, Ohio.
ACCREDITATION AND AFFILIATIONS:
Gilead Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and is recognized by the The Ohio Department of Education as a chartered K-12 school. Gilead Christian is a member of the Ohio Christian School Athletic Association and will be a part of the Ohio Independent League starting in the 2019-2020 school year. Gilead Christian School serves over 47 churches and 18 different denominations.
Gilead Christian School partners with families and churches to be and make active disciples of Jesus Christ by training hearts, growing minds and inspiring lives.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ – in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.